AOL email took the internet world by storm in the early 90s and even today it is still popular. It may be your first email account back from your school days or you might have started using AOL on a business front, either way, there are times when you might be required to log into your AOL email account, but you wouldn’t exactly know how to.
So if you are still wondering the same, you are in the right place. I have made this guide to help you with the login process of AOL mail. So without wasting another second, let’s have a look.
What are the Features of AOL Mail?
AOL Mail is one of the most popular email services in the world. It has over 100 million users and is used by people from all walks of life. AOL Mail offers an array of features that make it easy to manage your mail, contacts, and calendar.
Multiple Mailbox Accounts
- You can have up to 3 inboxes with AOL Mail. Each account comes with a unique email address so you can organize your accounts efficiently.
Organize Your Inbox with Folders
- Create as many folders as you want to keep your inbox organized. You can also create subfolders within existing folders for further organization.
Create Custom Rules for Filtering Emails
- Create custom rules for filtering emails from specific senders or from certain keywords in their subject lines. This way, you won’t miss important emails because they’ll automatically go into their designated folders for easy access later on.
- AOL Mail has a built-in spam filter that scans incoming messages and blocks those that contain dangerous viruses or unsolicited content such as advertisements or pornography. This feature also helps protect your computer from viruses because they are not downloaded into your computer when you open an infected email message in your inbox.
- AOL offers options to send and receive messages securely. You can also set up different types of passwords for each account to keep your information private.
- We can set up alerts for new messages, read and unread messages, or emails from specific senders in order to know when something important has arrived in your inbox.
Auto-Complete Address Book
- AOL will help you complete email addresses by adding them automatically based on the letters that you type in the To field of an email message that you are sending out. If a person has an email address that ends with @aol.com, then AOL will add that person’s name as soon as you type a few letters into the To field of an email message that you are sending out.
- You can add a signature to your AOL Mail account that will be automatically added to all outgoing messages. To edit your signature, go to Options > Signature and type in the text you want to appear at the end of each message. You can also choose between having the signature appear above or below your message.
How to Log In to AOL Mail Account?
AOL is an American company, a leading Internet service provider, and a major global media corporation. It is headquartered in New York City, with offices and operations in the United States, India, China, Brazil, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
AOL Mail is one of the most popular free email services provided by AOL. You can access your AOL Mail account from any computer or mobile device that has an internet connection.
Here are some simple steps to access your AOL Mail account:
- Open your browser and type https://mail.aol.com/ in the address bar.
- Enter your email ID and password in the respective fields of a login page and click the Login button.
How to Create an Account on AOL?
It’s easy to create your own free AOL Mail account. In just a few minutes, you can set up an email address that’s associated with your name or brand and ready to use right away.
To create your new AOL Mail account:
- Enter your first name, last name, and phone number.
- Select your gender from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your birthdate in YYYY-MM-DD format (e.g., 1980 for January 1, 1980).
- Choose the country where you live from the drop-down menu based on its ISO country code (e.g., the US for the United States).
- Type in an email address where we can send a confirmation message containing a link to confirm your email address (e.g., YourName@aol.com).
How to Reset Password of AOL Mail Account?
To reset your AOL Mail password, follow these steps:
- First, visit AOL’s website and click on the “forgot password” link on the login page.
- Next, enter your username and then click on “Submit”.
- Then, you will receive a password recovery code on your mobile, fill in the code in the given field.
- Now you will see a new page where you can set up a new password for your account.
- Enter a new password in the box provided and then click on the “Change Password” button.
What are the Steps to Unblock My AOL Email Account?
To unblock your AOL account, you will need to go through the following steps:
- Log into your AOL account on the AOL website.
- Click on “Account Settings”
- Select “Unblock Your Account” under “My Account” on the left-hand side of the screen
- Enter the email address that you used to sign up for AOL and click “Unblock”
You will receive a confirmation email once your account has been unblocked.
How to Resolve AOL Email Login Issues?
AOL email login issues are common and can be easily resolved. The following steps can be used to resolve AOL email login issues:
Check Your Internet Connection
Checking your Internet connection may seem like a simple step, but it is often the solution to many problems. If your internet connection is slow or the service goes out, you can’t access AOL Mail or any internet-based email account. If your signal is weak or if you are having difficulty connecting to the internet in general, you need to consider changing your ISP.
Check Your Username and Password
Make sure that you have entered your correct username and password in the login window. If you have forgotten your password, visit the “Forgot Password” page at aol.com/forgotpassword/.
Clear the cache from your browser or update your browser to the latest version. You can also delete cookies from your computer and restart it.
Cookies play a vital role in storing information related to your online activity. If there is an issue with cookies, then it might prevent you from logging into your account properly.
Clear Browser History
Sometimes, if you clear browser history, it will resolve some AOL email login issues as well as other problems related to the login process.
Check your Device Settings
If you are using an app on a mobile device such as an iPhone or Android smartphone, make sure that the app is up-to-date with the latest version of the software available for your device. You can update your apps by going to the App Store or Google Play Store and searching for “AOL” or “AIM” and then clicking on “update.”
We’ve seen a lot of quick easy fixes for logging into an AOL email account. From resetting your password to eliminating the need for a password at all, we suggest that you first try following one of those methods. However, if you still find yourself unable to access your email account, don’t give up hope just yet. We’ll show you exactly how to do a quick login to an AOL mail account.
Next, can read: GoDaddy Email Login – 3 Ways To Access My GoDaddy Account